$632.68.....I just called TD Ameritrade a little bit ago and this amount seems to be what my holdings sold at, which is the amount of the check what will be sent to Navy Federal Credit Union. What's really cool here is that I was told that there may be a $75 sales fee but for whatever reason this was not applied in this case. Cool! That would be truly sucked as it would have been money going to TD Ameritrade's corporate profit and not to my pocket, which is where I believe in this instance the money truly belongs. So that's one nice thing and I am grateful for that, Thank You, TD Ameritrade!
This money dates back to my time at Scottsdale Healthcare years ago - remember the (almost but not quite) six months I worked for them back in 2005? Gotta say I was glad to get out of there and flee to California Pizza Kitchen. I really did not like working there and I was glad to get out, benefits be damned. This money to me should be archived and put into a museum behind glass as it's the last money I will probably ever have in an employee retirement account vehicle. I am so unemployable these days and even if I could find work, it would be Part Time without benefits and no retirement vehicle plan. This money in it's own way is similar to that transistor radio from that yard sale in St. George I went to with Sharon back in 2010 - it's a relic of a different reality and a different era. I'm glad it's gained over the stock market run up of the last several years but it's time to move it somewhere safe like this Navy Federal Credit Union IRA where it won't gain very much at all but will also not lose anything. I'm happy with the gains I have realized.....time for safety.
Glad to have this done and also I am glad to be a member of Navy Federal Credit Union. That is one perk I am very grateful for from my years of mystery shopping. One perk that I can actually value and use. Rob
No comments:
Post a Comment